International Scientific Conference: Smart Cities 2021, Activities of European cities for achieving climate-neutrality
Focus: Activities of cities in the field of achieving climate-neutrality
Jožef Stefan Institute in cooperation with SRIP Smart Cities and Communities, The Urban planning Institute of the Republic of Slovenia (UIRS), Center Of Energy Efficiency Solutions
and Association of Urban Municipalities of Slovenia, kindly invite you to an international online conference Activities of European cities to achieve climate-neutrality.
We have decided to hold a scientific conference in the light of Europe’s efforts to become climate-neutral by 2050, led by new European Commission missions, including the ‘100 Climate-neutral cities by 2030 – for citizens’ mission. In this mission, the Commission will support and promote 100 European cities on their path to carbon neutrality.
Goal: Demonstration of possibilities for achieving climate neutrality of cities and improving the quality of urban living for residents
The topics of the conference will shed light on some of the issues facing and will be encountered by cities on their path to climate neutrality. Cities and their representatives will gain insight into possible proposals and solutions to the problems that await them in establishing climate neutrality.
The conference will address three topics, all three of which are equally important in achieving climate neutrality. The first topic concerns the production, storage and distribution of renewable energy sources, the second topic presents possible solutions to tackle greenhouse gas emissions, especially CO2, the highest among them. The third topic will address mobility, and how new forms of mobility can help reduce CO2 emissions.
The conference will host experts from various fields at four round tables / panels, which will shed additional light on the topics that await us on the path to achieving climate neutrality in the coming years.
Topics of the conference:
- Renewable energy sources: production, storage and distribution of renewable energy sources.
- Greenhouse gas: possible solutions to tackle releases greenhouse gases, especially CO2.
- Mobility: how new forms of mobility can help reduce CO2 emissions.
- September 6, 2021: Submission of presentations and final papers.
- September 16, 2021: Conference. Papers will be published as articles inscientific publication Urbani izziv.
- October 1, 2021: Deadline for article submission into review.
- October 30, 2021: Notice of article selection.